Table of contents:
Video: Doctors Gave Recommendations On Going To The Store In A Pandemic
Doctors gave recommendations on going to the store in a pandemic
It is still possible to go out for groceries, but it must also be done with precautions. Here are the recommendations of the American microbiologist Donald Schaffner, published at sciencealert.com.
Photo: Anna Shvets / It is still possible to go out for groceries, but it must also be done with caution. Here are the recommendations of the American microbiologist Donald Schaffner, published on the website sciencealert.com: COVID-2019 is not transmitted through food
- Quarantining food is pointless, especially when it comes to perishable food
- Never wash food with soap. It is enough to douse vegetables and fruits with cold water
- Hand washing is the main defense. Including - after removing food from the bag
- Reusable bags and bags must be washed
- When entering the store, both hands and the handles of the grocery cart / basket must be sanitized
- It is recommended to make a shopping list in advance to minimize time in the store
- It is important to keep a distance of 1.8 m from other people.
The advice of a microbiologist in his blog is given by Moscow pediatrician Fyodor Katasonov, who also recommends wearing masks for everyone, since many do not suspect that they have contracted COVID-2019.