Table of contents:
- Who needs to be tested for coronavirus and where
- Who needs a coronavirus test?
- How is coronavirus tested?
- Where can i get tested for coronavirus?
Video: Who Needs To Be Tested For Coronavirus And Where
Who needs to be tested for coronavirus and where
The analysis for the new coronavirus can be called one of the most relevant and demanded tests. Taking it on time will help start the necessary treatment on time and prevent infection of other people. We figure out who needs an analysis for COVID-19 and how it is taken.
Photo: CC0 Public Domain /
The analysis for the new coronavirus can be called one of the most relevant and demanded tests. Taking it on time will help start the necessary treatment on time and prevent infection of other people.
It is known that it is people with mild symptoms of the disease, in whom the disease has not been confirmed by laboratory, is the most important reason for the rapid spread of infection. “Test, test, test,” urges the World Health Organization.
Who needs a coronavirus test?
Now tests for coronavirus are carried out only according to indications that a doctor must determine (this can be an employee of a polyclinic, hospital or ambulance). The Moscow City Health Department lists the following risk groups in order of priority:
- People who developed ARVI symptoms within 14 days after returning from countries with an unfavorable epidemiological situation (China, South Korea, Iran, USA, Great Britain, European Union states, Ukraine, Belarus and all European states that are not members of the European Union) or who have been in contact with a sick person or arriving from these countries. Rospotrebnadzor should inform about changes in the list of such countries.
- People who have been diagnosed with pneumonia against the background of ARVI symptoms.
- People over 60 years of age with ARVI symptoms.
- People with ARVI symptoms and concomitant chronic diseases (cardiovascular diseases, diabetes mellitus, oncological diseases, diseases of the endocrine system).
- People who have visited one of the countries with an unfavorable epidemiological situation in the past 14 days (China, South Korea, Iran, the USA, Great Britain, the European Union states, Ukraine, Belarus and all European countries that are not part of the European Union) or have been in contact with the sick person.
- All people with ARVI symptoms.
Groups 1 and 2 are maximum risk, 3 and 4 are high risk, 5 are medium risk, 6 are low risk.
How is coronavirus tested?
The Ministry of Health says that usually a nasal or oropharyngeal swab is taken from patients for testing. If necessary, a study of the lavage water of the bronchi, endotracheal or nasopharyngeal aspirate (for this, mucus from the nasopharynx or trachea is taken with special instruments), sputum, biopsy material of the lungs, blood, urine, feces can be carried out.
Diagnostics is carried out by the method of polymerase chain reaction (PCR). The study takes 4 hours, but the time taken to transport the biomaterial to the laboratory must be taken into account.
Rospotrebnadzor reported that for an accurate diagnosis of a patient without ARVI symptoms, it is necessary to conduct two studies, and in the presence of ARVI symptoms - at least 3 times.
Where can i get tested for coronavirus?
The Moscow Coronavirus Operations Headquarters indicates that if you or your loved ones are at high risk of contracting the new coronavirus, you need to call an ambulance by phone 103. Doctors will immediately come to you and take tests to rule out infection. Don't go outside or go to the hospital yourself.