Table of contents:
Video: Pediatrician Fyodor Katasonov Refrained From Predicting Coronavirus And Gave New Recommendations
2023 Author: Abraham Higgins | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-11-27 23:16
Pediatrician Fyodor Katasonov refrained from predicting coronavirus and gave new recommendations
In an interview with the Mednews portal, the leading specialist of the GMS clinic noted that, despite the conclusions of individual researchers of the virus in China, who believe that the attenuation of the pathogen is expected by the summer, there are few objective data indicating such a trend.
Leading specialist of GMS сlinic Fedor Katasonov /
In an interview with the Mednews portal, the leading specialist of the GMS clinic noted that despite the conclusions of individual researchers of the virus in China, who believe that the attenuation of the pathogen is expected by the summer, there is little objective evidence of such a trend. Moreover, as applied to the Russian context, it remains unclear what further measures will be taken by the Russian authorities in addition to those already announced and how quickly citizens will heed the recommendations of doctors. Answering a question regarding the validity of the current actions of the authorities, Katasonov called the construction of a hospital in Kommunarka correct, and the current “quarantine policy” a half measure, expressing the opinion that isolation should be tougher.
The doctor noted that pediatrics is less concerned with coronavirus as such and recalled that children tolerate COVID-19 more easily than adults, including children with chronic diseases. According to Katasonov, to date, the mortality rate from coronavirus under the age of 10 years is zero. At the same time, he urged to take the child to the doctor only in emergency situations requiring immediate assistance (trauma, poisoning, burns, respiratory problems, acute toothache or complications), as well as for primary vaccination. It is recommended to call a doctor in case of a severe course of banal infections - first of all, with acute respiratory infections and dehydration against the background of vomiting and diarrhea and fever with a rash (if it is impossible for a doctor to diagnose by photo or video). It is possible to dispense with remote expert advice for banal acute respiratory infections, intestinal infections, allergies and bronchitis without obstruction. Under quarantine conditions, scheduled examinations and rehabilitation measures can be postponed.
The pediatrician also formulated a number of general recommendations:
1. Walking is allowed, but strictly without contact with people.
2. Walk outside with gloves, if the weather permits. When you go outside, you need to take a sanitizer with you. Do not touch the face. If it is really necessary - only after the sanitizer.
3. Prefer the elevator to the stairs (when we walk up the stairs, we keep touching the railings and sometimes the extra door handles, and in the elevator we only need to press one button, you can use your elbow). But do not enter the elevator with other people and do not let them in.
4. In the street, keep at least two meters away from people.
5. Before entering a public space, think twenty times whether it is necessary, and then put on a mask. It is protecting others, respecting their fears, and a good example.
6. Allowed travel by personal car out of town with contactless refueling (now it will be relevant at the beginning of this spring). Car sharing is ok, but you need to wipe the pens with a sanitizer and don't be shy about it at all.
7. Public transport is prohibited.
8. After returning, before entering the house, treat your hands with a sanitizer.
9. After entering the house - you must immediately go to the bathroom and wash your hands and (maybe not soap) your face with soap. Hands - at least 20 seconds: this is twice sung Happy Birthday, or you can find yourself a song here
10. There are no restrictions at home. Just don't wear street clothes.
11. When ordering food / medicine / etc. leave a tip to the courier on the stairs, do not intersect with him. Pick up an order after it leaves.
12. Not to meet with anyone, not to kiss anyone, not to hug. Do not invite guests and do not visit. Skype parties!
13. Training - online. Sports - at home (exercise, plank, yoga, massage to each other). Sleep - according to the regime. There is a big danger to start living like on New Year's holidays: to play tricks all night, to sleep off during the day. Remember that healthy sleep strengthens the immune system, and unhealthy sleep not only affects the immune system, but also greatly increases anxiety and reduces resistance to stress.
As of March 19, a total of 229,515 people were infected with COVID-19 worldwide. 9 321 died, 85 275 recovered.
The infection rate among children remains extremely low. According to the latest research by specialists from the Guangzhou Women's and Children's Medical Center (China), out of the observed 745 children aged 2 months to 15 years, who were in close contact with carriers of the virus, only 10 minors became infected, which is 1.3%. None of them had severe symptoms. The bad news is that as latent carriers of the pathogen, children infect others with it for a longer time than previously thought. So, in one of the children, the coronavirus re-detected in stool samples 13 days after discharge from the hospital.
Coverage Of Childhood Vaccination During A Pandemic Should Remain The Same - Pediatrician Fedor Katasonov
Suspension of routine vaccination is fraught with a surge in the incidence of other infections
Doctors gave recommendations on going to the store in a pandemic. Find out the details on the Medportal website
Scientists have found symptoms predicting death 18 years before. Find out the details on the Medportal website
A pediatrician from the Kirov region was sentenced to 1 year and 4 months of restriction of freedom. Find out the details on the Medportal website
[Algorithm developed] for disease prediction. Find out the details on the Medportal website