Is It Okay To Eat A "clean" Portion Of Moldy Bread? In No Case

Table of contents:

Is It Okay To Eat A "clean" Portion Of Moldy Bread? In No Case
Is It Okay To Eat A "clean" Portion Of Moldy Bread? In No Case

Video: Is It Okay To Eat A "clean" Portion Of Moldy Bread? In No Case

Отличия серверных жестких дисков от десктопных
Video: Never Eat The ‘Clean’ Part Of Moldy Bread 2023, January
Anonim

Is it okay to eat a "clean" portion of moldy bread? In no case

What if, for example, you are about to make a sandwich, but the food is a little moldy? Trim mold and move on according to your plans? In no case. A viral video from TechInsider explains this in detail and clearly.

Can i eat
Can i eat

Photo: YouTube / TechInsider /

What if, for example, you are about to make a sandwich, but the food is a little moldy? Trim mold and move on according to your plans? In no case. This is explained in detail and vividly by the viral video from TechInsider.

If mold appears on bread, fruits, vegetables, or soft cheese, do not eat any of these foods. The video shows that what we call mold is only part of a fungal system that can permeate an entire piece of food. What we see is a part of the fungus intended for reproduction, a sporangium that scatters thousands of spores. Thus, there is no “clean” part of moldy bread.

How dangerous this mold is depends on the type of fungus. Some of them are relatively low-hazard, but some are indeed health threats. So, according to the video, fungi of the Cladosporium genus are relatively safe, although they can cause allergies. But, for example, Penicillin crustal produce toxins that cause poisoning. Common black mold on bread is also very important for health.

Short-term heat treatment does not neutralize fungal toxins. Therefore, eating moldy foods is a useless "Russian roulette". A person who has the financial ability to throw away moldy bread is better off doing just that.

For the sake of fairness, we note that there are exceptions to the rules for eating moldy food. For example, nutritionist Katherine Zeratsky in her blog on the Mayo Clinic points out that hard cheese after cutting off the mold is quite safe to eat.

Popular by topic